Linggo, Abril 3, 2011

Mein Spiegelbild 1: A Tribute

Approximately over a year ago, a handful of my friends started an outdoor group and named it Bayawak. I haven't asked them yet about the name's etymology but I'm sure it has a meaning. Through Facebook, I have witnessed them conquer peak after peak and went back to civilization with a lot of inspiring stories about how it felt like reaching every summit. Some of them even have scars or insect bites that cry out "I have conquered that mountain!" with all pride. Guest climbers go with them from time to time and so far, all of them (just those who I know) are itching to repeat the experience.

I am honestly not an outdoor guy. But what truly reminds me of what they are doing is the value of determination, facing the wall of challenges, enduring every painful step called obstacles, and most importantly, having a deep sense of fulfillment by the end of the day. The sport (I won't call it a hobby) that they are into right now reflects some of our normal routines back here in the crowded and polluted city. Simply put, we all have our own mountains to climb (please DO NOT play Miley Cyrus' song while reading this. It freaks me out!). I for one, have my graduate studies waiting to be conquered. Some (or may be everyone) may have financial woes waiting to be conquered too, or a love life that has been embraced by drought.

Whatever it is, always be reminded of this group's sport. Every trail leads to the summit, some trails are challenging than the others and the climbers have the power to choose from it, from time to time they need to camp which is the chance for the group to rest and reflect on where they have passed so far and plan the next attack, enjoying every step, the scenery, and the summit of course. So that when they look back, they will be there standing above all the things that they  have accomplished knowing that they have paid it with blood, sweat, and even tears.

The descent may be a little easier since their bags are now lighter. But then again, the descent reflects the noble act of going back and remembering where you came from.

Truly inspiring. Mabuhay Kayo.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento